The email marketing application features an HTML form generator that allows you to create a custom sign up form code. Once the form is generated you can copy and paste it into your website.
Please be aware that there are multiple ways to add a sign-up form. Using the HTML generator may not be the best option if you are not comfortable editing or using HTML code snippets. For additional sign-up form options go here.
To generate the form code:
1. Go to My Account > Forms & Links on the main navigation menu.
2. Click the edit icon to the right of Contact Sign Up Form in the list of forms.
3. Place a check in the box to the right of every standard or custom field you want to be included in your form.
4. Select the way you want your lists displayed:
5. Select if you want the contacts to be able to choose lists, or if you want the lists to remain hidden.
Lists will be labeled as ‘Interests’ when viewed by contacts on the form.
5. Select which Lists you want to show on the form.
6. Click the “Generate Form” button.
7. Select all of the code displayed under the Generate Form button and copy it.
you must copy the entire form code. Altering the code or only putting part of the code can cause the form to not be able to work.
8. Paste the code into your webpage.
Here are some links to guides on how to add code for some popular website building tools. If yours is not listed, please reach out to the support team, or look in the website builders knowledgebase.
- Wix – be aware that Wix uses iFrames for HTML and this can cause issues with redirect pages. they also require redirect pages to have an SSL certificate. The URL’s must be https:
- Big Commerce
Your forms will have built in invisible Google Captcha to prevent unwanted forms being submitted. Occasionally the Captcha challenge will appear. Do not add your own Captcha because that may conflict with the built in one.
9. Add a redirect page to the form code
There is a hidden field in the code (name=redirect) . The field looks like this:
<input type=”hidden” name=”redirect” value=”http://www.mythankyouwebpage.com”>
You must replace www.mythankyouwebpage.com with a page that you have created
You must then move the move the comment tag ” – -> ” so that the hidden field is no longer included in the comment.
Example: here is the section of the code that has the redirect field within the comment tags.<!-- *****IMPORTANT********* In the hidden field below (name=redirect) you must replace www.mythankyouwebpage.com with a page that you have created. If your account is configured to require "double opt-in" this page must let the contact know they will be sent an email that they must respond to in order to complete the registration process. <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.mythankyouwebpage.com"> -->
Here is the code after we replace the URL, and move the comment tag – notice the location of the ” – -> ” has been moved to after the “registration process.”<!-- *****IMPORTANT********* In the hidden field below (name=redirect) you must replace www.mythankyouwebpage.com with a page that you have created. If your account is configured to require "double opt-in" this page must let the contact know they will be sent an email that they must respond to in order to complete the registration process. --> <input name="redirect" type="hidden" value="https://www.youractualthankyoupage.com" >
Once you have published the code on your website, fill out the form and make sure the contact is added to your account. You must test with an email address that is not already in your account.